Friday, April 4, 2014

Great day and a recipe to share.

Today has been a great day got everything on my to do list outside done except changing that mailbox those screws are so rusted. I sprayed some Pam on them and hope that loosens them so I can get it done tomorrow.
The biggest problem I have dieting is that sometimes I get up before 8 am and then end being up all night because of work. So I have decided if I feel the need to eat 4 times that day then I'll just have to because really if I'm at work until 6 I won't be in bed until 7 and I know I'll sleep through breakfast. Thank goodness  it doesn't happen often but when it does I don't want to blow it eating the snacks we have for the patients.
One think I've been trying to do is cook ahead. Today I cooked roasted brussel sprouts, 6 chicken breasts and 3 tilapi pieces. I am set for the weekend and then will only have to add salads and vegetables or fruit but my main dish is ready just needs heated up
My friend Margie shared this recipe with me and can I say that I love brussel sprouts! Had never eaten one before but have been eating them like crazy.

Garlic Roasted Brussel Sprouts

2 lbs of Sprouts
1/8 of a cup of olive oil
1/2 TBSP of garlic powder

Heat oven to 375. Slice Brussel Sprouts in half. Mix olive oil and garlic powder together and toss Brussel sprouts. Put in shallow pan in a single layer. Bake for 30 minutes turning once during cooking. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment